By leaving a legacy to TB Alert we will go on fighting TB and saving lives long after your own lifetime. A gift in your Will, no matter the size, will make a big difference to our fight against TB.
Your support could help us work towards a future where TB can finally be confined to history where it belongs. Legacies are a very important source of income and it doesn’t matter what size your gift is, rest assured it will help to save lives and create a better future for all TB patients.
What your gift could achieve
Previous legacy gifts have already helped us achieve so much, including:
- saving the lives of many thousands of people affected by TB in Africa and India by ensuring that they are tested, diagnosed and cured
- providing support and helping to rebuild the lives of thousands of patients in the UK
- successfully advocating for a new national strategy to tackle TB in the UK.
How to leave us a gift in your Will
Leaving a legacy gift doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some basic steps:
- State in your Will that you would like to leave a gift to TB Alert. We recommend using a solicitor or professional Will-writer to make sure your Will is legal and valid. This protects your family too. It is often much cheaper to make a Will than you might think and most solicitors will give you a quote over the telephone.
- Include our full name, to make sure your legacy does reach us: TB Alert, Registered Charity Number 1071886.
- You can add TB Alert to your existing Will by completing a codicil document which will amend your Will.
- If you have already written us into your Will, please let us know. We would love to thank you for your gift and discuss any wishes you have in relation to it.
- If you require further information about how to leave us a gift in your will please contact Giles Witcomb, Development Director, on 01273 234028.
In memory giving
Giving in memory can be a rewarding way of celebrating a loved one’s life. You can support TB Alert in memory of your loved one by:
- collecting at a funeral
- donating or setting up a regular gift
- holding an event in memory.
How to make an in memory donation
You can make an in-memory donation in the following ways:
Via the funeral director
Most funeral homes will organise in-memory donations for you and pass the donations directly to us. We will then write and tell you how much has been raised in memory of your loved one.
Donations can be made by cheque, payable to TB Alert and sent to us at Community Base, 113 Queen’s Road, Brighton BN1 3XG.
You can make a donation online or set up an in memory giving page and share stories, thoughts and photographs of your loved ones. JustGiving is a safe, secure way of making a donation.
If you are writing your Will and leaving instructions for your funeral, please consider asking your family and friends to make a donation to TB Alert in lieu of flowers. Thank you.